What An Exclusive Business Buyer Agent Will Do For You
Information And Counseling
- Explain the forms of agency available to you and explain how different relationships may affect the level and type of service a Buyer may receive from an agent.
- Offer to enter into a written Agency Agreement with the Buyer. The agreement will include beginning and ending dates, fee structure and payment method, and the responsibilities of both parties.
- Pledge absolute confidentiality to a Buyer when representing him/her.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding his/her financial qualifications and assist the Buyer in finding and working with lenders, accountants, and other professionals as needed.
Searching For An Investment
- Discuss preferences in size, areas, styles, age, and develop an investment profile.
- Search the entire market, including the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), for sale by owners, and other avenues (where appropriate).
- Inform the Buyer about any defects or problems he/she has observed or discovered regarding the investment.
- Prepare a comparative market analysis, to determine the property’s fair market value.
- Explain the choices available in each section of an offer to purchase and explain the alternatives available to the Buyer.
- Advise the Buyer to seek legal counsel where appropriate.
- Prepare the offer to purchase in a manner which will protect the Buyers interest. Will provide proper disclosures regarding agency representation and any other matters as required by law.
- Develop negotiation strategies with the Buyer, including pre-set limits on key points of negotiation when the Buyer wishes to do so.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding the time requirements in the contract and encourage the Buyer to have professional inspectors inspect the subject investment if the contract is accepted.
After The Offer To Purchase Is Accepted
- Will counsel the Buyer about inspections, and provide the names of professional inspectors. Will encourage the Buyer to be present during inspections.
- Will explain options available to the Buyer regarding items in the inspection report.
- Where appropriate, will notify the Seller or the Seller’s Agent in writing of inspectors’ findings and the Buyers choice of any options available to the Buyer.
- Maintain contact with the closing company and lender(s) to insure that the Buyers interests are being protected at all times.
- Will review the settlement statement with the Buyer at or before closing.
- Will attend the closing with the Buyer and be prepared to answer questions the Buyer may have.