How To Buy a Business With Other People’s Money –
If You Find A Business You’d Like To Buy, But Are Short of Cash, Invent It by Using “Other People’s Money.”
The following information is from Entrepreneur.com
• Use the seller’s assets. As soon as you buy the business, you’ll own the assets–so why not use them to get financing now?
• Buy through co-op. If you can’t afford the business yourself, buying with a partner or co-op.
• Use an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). ESOPs offer you a way to get capital immediately by selling stock in the business to employees.
• Lease with an option to buy. Just like in buying a home, some sellers will let you lease a business with an option to buy.
• Assume liabilities or decline receivables. Reduce the sales price by either assuming the business’s liabilities or having the seller keep the receivables for a specific time.
There is no limit to the amount of strategies you can come up with on how to buy a business with other people’s money.
This link to the article titled “How To Buy a Business” in Entrepreneur Magazine touches on a few of them – you can read the article in its entirety by clicking the link: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/79638
If you’d like to explore options and discuss strategies on other ways you can learn how to buy businesses with other people’s money, feel free to contact me via email.
How about you …. please share an idea of your own in the comments section.